What Do I Need to Bring to Get Fingerprinted?
Before proceeding to our location to be fingerprinted, please make sure you have the following:
- Unique Fingerprint ID
- Valid Identification
We CANNOT fingerprint you without these!
Unique Fingerprint ID
To get fingerprinted, you must have your unique fingerprint ID (confirmation number, registration number) prior to travelling to a fingerprinting location. You do NOT need to have an appointment scheduled.
If you have not applied for a unique fingerprint ID or been given one by your employer, you must do so before arriving.
If your fingerprints are required for the Michigan Workforce Background Check Program, you MUST register through your employer. If you are registering through the Michigan Applicant Processing Service (MAPS), you can register online, by clicking below.
Cogent Systems also requires current, valid and unexpired picture identification documents. As a primary form of picture identification, a state-issued driver’s license may be presented by an applicant when being fingerprinted.
For those applicants without a driver’s license, a state identification card may be presented if the state’s identification card standards are the same as for the driver’s license.
However, in the absence of a current, valid driver’s license, applicants may provide one or more secondary documents including:
- State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- US Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2)
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card Issued since 1997
- INS 1-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
Secondary Documentation must be supported by at least two of the following:
- Utility Bill (Address)
- Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card/Title
- Paycheck Stub with Name/Address
- Cancelled Check or Bank Statement